Welcome all to the new blog by the Waiuku Museum.
Here we will be keeping you up to date on the latest happenings at the coolest little museum on this side of the Waikato River.
To let you get to know the museum a little better, let me tell you about us:
- We have permanent displays and changing exhibitions of local history. This includes historic buildings on the Tamakae Reserve.
- The historic buildings include the Second Maioro School, Pollok Cottage and Hartmann House.
- The museum caters for school and other groups, by prior arrangement.
- The museum can provide assistance with local genealogy and historic research.
- There are also souvenirs and books for sale.
Our opening hours are:
Wednesday – 10am to 12pm
Weekends – 1:30pm to 4pm
Other weekdays by prior arrangement
The museum charges a nominal entry fee of $3 per adult and $1 per child. This goes towards the up-keep and maintenance of the buildings and collection, as the museum receives limited funding.
The museum is run and staffed by volunteers from the local area.
If you would like to get in contact with us, you can do this by phone or e-mail.
Museum phone: 09 235 8698
(only manned during opening hours, but you can leave a message)
After hours phone: 09 235 9986
We are located in the center of Waiuku in the Tamakae Reserve, at 13 King Street, Waiuku